Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Playing the Hand You're Dealt

Here's my contribution to the Three Word Wednesday prompt for the week. Hope y'all enjoy it.


Trixie leaned forward, made the necessary adjustments, stood up and checked herself in the storefront window. A little tease here, a little fluff there and she was all set. Heading down the sidewalk, she frowned at Baby, all overflowing from the bustier she wore every night. She never has to worry that she won’t generate enough money to pay Buff and the rent, Trixie silently vented, standing up straighter to amplify the meager endowments she’d been blessed with.

A wolf whistle sliced the air and Trixie sauntered over, propped herself in the window and began negations. I guess some guys still ascribe to the saying that more than a mouthful is too much, she thought, forcing a smile.

13 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

a gritty look at the world's oldest profession. Sad, but not too sad. I like it.

Stan Ski said...

Whether you've got it or not, flaunt it.

Larry said...

As she stood and looked into the window she noticed several men checking her out most of em were looking at her busty side and she soon heard the silent voice in her head say "more than a mouthful is never to much" just take a look at em staring at you..... I liked what you typed so I thought I'd add some words to it. I'm posted just follow the link below.


Science Project


Thanks Larry

Angel said...

Thanks for reading, y'all. Larry, I'm glad you liked it enough to add your own words. I will definitely check the link out.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I have regular "love the breasts you've got" discussions with young girls I know. They probably look at mine and say, "Easy for you to say" but... no matter our profession, loving what you've got sells what you've got. :-)

Fun read and I didn't hear it as sad. I heard it as "this is what is up"...

Jay R. Thurston said...

This is bold and brief, I love the title for the piece, and I must say the only one of the three words I noticed in the read was meager. Great read!

Angel said...

Thanks, ya'll!

peggy said...

There was a sense of desperation under the words, but whether for the "profession" or the competition is all in interpretation.

You created a believable world.

Angel said...

Thank you, Peggy. It's always nice when someone feels something from my writing.

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, cleverly done, you got inside her head!

Dee Martin said...

No matter what profession or cup size, we all compare ourselves to others don't we LOL

Tumblewords: said...

Interesting piece - lots of truth here! :)

one more believer said...

window shopping is often the curse of the lonely....but a mouthful keeps one silent in the best of times...