Thursday, January 1, 2009

Passionate Mistake

My contribution for the Three Word Wednesday Prompt.

I only wish I had listened when my mother warned me about Bobby, Sandra thought. Then I wouldn’t be in this mess!

But he was so sexy and dangerous that she let her emotions lead her. She remembers how her heart would pound whenever he came near. Just the sight of him was enough to make her melt. He exuded passion and she wasn’t strong enough to resist.

“Sandra, get your ass in here,” he bellowed from the living room.

Sighing, she went to see what he wanted. The sight that greeted her made her stomach turn. Pizza boxes and empty beer cans littered the tables and floor, stains were apparent on every surface, and the man himself was wearing only a dirty pair of boxer shorts.

He scratched, and then commanded, “Bring me another beer and a sandwich. I don’t know what’s taking you so long in there.”

Sandra scrunched her nose in disgust, replying, “I’m cleaning the kitchen. Thankfully, you don’t spend much time in there so the damage isn’t too bad. It will take a decontamination team to clean this room!” she finished, flinging her arms to encompass the immediate area.

“A decomwhat?” he muttered.

“Nevermind,” she said, turning back to the kitchen.

She often wondered what happened to the stud she married. Not even a glimmer of him existed any longer. He was now a hulking brute.

I wonder how many I told you so’s I’d have to endure if I went home, she mused, spreading mayonnaise on a piece of bread.

5 comments:

lissa said...

oh, the letdown! guess maybe we have too high exception or that we just don't see the person when we're in love, good story, there's much realism in there

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Interesting read. Real "slice of life" stuff. Sadly beautiful.

Tumblewords: said...

Definitely more than a spot of truth in this piece. Nicely done!

gautami tripathy said...

It happens...

Have a great creative year 2009!


packets of love

And please do visit the Poetry Train being run each Monday!

Anonymous said...

well written ... but at times we shud endure "i told u so" rather than a guy like this !!