Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Eggnog Mistakes



Here was our writing exercise for the week:

After drinking a few too many eggnogs at your annual holiday party, you wake up the next morning realizing you did some things you now regret. Write an e-mail to your boss that will ensure you still get a raise next year.


Here's what I came up with. What do y'all think?


To: HowardWatkins@Millerandassociates.com
From: RonaldAmes@Millerandassociates.com
Subject: Christmas Party

Hello, Howard. I know you’re probably regretting last night as much as I am. I am so sorry I stumbled into the cleaning closet when I did. I know you and Donna wanted privacy. I really thought it was the bathroom. Damn eggnog. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I’ll keep the photograph I took with my phone to myself. I know you were worried about it and wanted to ease your mind.

See you Monday at eight for next year’s performance evaluation. You and Martha have a nice weekend.

                                                                                                          Sincerely,
                                                                                                               Ronald Ames

No comments: