Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Labor of Love

Here's my piece for the Three Word Wednesday prompt this week:



There’s no way I’ll be able to wear this, Janice thought, staring wistfully at the cute, pink thong Victoria Secret had on sale. At least not until I lose thirty pounds. She cried as she hit the delete button to cancel her order and pulled the elastic waistband of her granny panties away from her bulging tummy. I can’t wait to go into labor, she thought and her tears turned to laughter when she looked down at herself. Thirty pounds my ass. More like fifty.

8 comments:

dandelion girl said...

haha! Love this! I felt like that when I was pregnant! :)

Sheilagh Lee said...

so true a lot of women feel that way when pregnant.Well written

Angel said...

Thank you both for reading and commenting.

Anonymous said...

Delightful poem, Angel.

Laurie Kolp said...

I remember that feeling all too well. Thanks for bringing me back.

Rinkly Rimes said...

The ladies tuned in to this aspect!

Angel said...

Yep, I saw that a few of us used this concept off the theme.

Jae Rose said...

'Granny pants' should not be under rated...they are a well kept secret..it's all about the comfort..aah..thanks..you made me smile Jae :)