Sunday, September 21, 2008

Poor and Forgotten

This is my contribution to the Simply Snickers poetry prompt. I had been doing this every week and then things got in the way. Hopefully I can keep up with it again now.

To make a point
Some plead their case
Then forget they ever saw their face

The poor forgotten until the next time
Votes are needed and supporters are sought
Selling souls for a dime
Never knowing the trouble they wrought

Give us your poor and downtrodden
We’ll trample them in our wake
Then leave the bodies to be forgotten
And go on to win the day

2 comments:

LA Nickers said...

Wow - what a twist on Lady Liberty's lines.

Thanks for participating at SIMPLY SNICKERS. Glad you are back!

Next week's prompt is up.

Blessings,
Linda
GIVING UP – at NICKERS AND INK

Angel said...

You are welcome. I hope to remember to do the prompts all the time now. Things are finally settled down somewhat. I sure hope they stay that way!