Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Looking on the Bright Side

I combined the Three Word Wednesday prompt and the Your Photo Story promtps again. The photo on the Your Photo Story site this week was of an old outhouse. I liked how the words from 3WW worked with the pictue. I hope y'all enjoy it!



The outhouse held no allure for Melody. She was spitting nails, cursing Nathan every step of the way, while trekking through the high grass across the backyard. She couldn’t believe Nathan actually thought she would find the rustic cabin with no indoor plumbing quaint and fun.

That’s what I get for dating a man raised on a farm, she thought, yanking the outhouse door roughly open.

Her scream filled the night at sight of the grizzled old man perched on the wooden seat in the outhouse, everything on vivid display.

Nathan ran to her side, scared she’d come across a snake or something. When he spied the old man, he let out a chuckle.

Melody snapped out of her frightened stupor at the sound. “What are you laughing at?” she snapped. “He scared me half to death.”

“Yeah, but you don’t have to use the outhouse anymore,” Nathan observed, noticing the wet spot on the ground between Melody’s feet.

15 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Wow, what an ending.

Unknown said...

Nearly joined the poor girl, I'm laughing so hard! Brilliant Angel, loved it

Angel said...

I know, wasn't very nice huh? lol

pia said...

Adorable story leading to a great ending

Sherri B. said...

Oh wow...now there's an ending. lol! I really enjoyed this. :~)

Life without Clots said...

i have much to receive from you. Fantastic.

Randy Inman said...

They do tend to have snakes in them trust me I know!

Great story.

Angel said...

I'm glad y'all liked the story, especially the ending. I know it's a little eewww...lol.

Randy, that's the number one reason I'd never want to use an outhouse. I'm deathly afraid of snakes!

SweetTalkingGuy.. said...

Dead good! love the twist at the end!

It's the trouser snakes you ought to be worried about...

Nicole/MadlabPost said...

Nice story. Very amusing.

Tumblewords: said...

Laughing. Who'd have guessed?

Megha said...

haha...m laughing hard...what an ending...

zorlone said...

Wow! This is a good story. short but action packed, suspenseful too!

Very creative writing!

5/5 stars!

Z

Angel said...

Thanks, everyone. It's so cool I was able to give y'all a chuckle.

Zorlone, I've never received a rating before...very cool!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

LOL - that's too funny!