Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Own Terms


Sam,

I didn’t know how to tell you so decided I’d write you instead. 

I’m leaving.

I know you’ll pretend to miss me, and the children will be devastated, but I can’t stay. And even though I know it’s not her fault, every time I look at Daniela, I see her mother. Before I start treating her differently, I need to leave.

Please tell my mother I love her. It’s the least you can do after all I’ve done for you. 

I thought about divorcing you, but that wouldn’t really solve anything. Daniela would expect to come visit with Becky, and I’d still be forced to live the lie I’ve been living the last five years. I still can’t believe you talked me into lying to everyone, even my own child, but then again, maybe it is for the best.

It’s not Daniela’s fault, and I’d hate for Becky, or anyone for that matter, to treat her differently. She really is a beautiful little girl, just like her mother. I hope that’s the only thing she takes after the woman. I’d hate for Daniela to turn into the self-centered, husband-stealing woman her mother is. 

Although she didn’t steal you, did she? No, she just used you and left me with a child. 

Anyway, we’ve been over this before. I know you’ll find someone to take my place soon. And she’ll not have the problem I do. Neither child will be hers. I hope she treats them well.

It’s almost time for you to get home so I’ll close. I’m using the Glock. I know it’s your favorite.

Please keep the children from seeing the mess.
                                                                                                                                     Mary

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Hello, Angel! This is so sad :( Wonderful writing, though! Hope you're having a lovely weekend and happy A to Z!

Angel said...

Thanks, Mary. Hope you're enjoying the A to Z challenge as well. I have to get my story done for today and catch up on some reading.