Saturday, October 11, 2008

Consequences

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Kyle said it was fantastic. Sheila was absolutely euphoric when talking about it, going on and on. I decided to try it. What could it hurt, right?

Wrong! I couldn’t have been more wrong if I’d tried. I knew something wasn’t right from the start. The sweating, cramps, and nausea were awful. The convulsions came next. I bit my tongue. I didn’t feel it, but I tasted the blood. The noise would have brought someone, except my meticulously laid out plan was working perfectly.

I wanted to be alone for my experiment. I picked a day my parents both worked late, and my sister was at soccer practice. I don’t know how long I lay there before help arrived.

The next thing I remember is waking up in the hospital. I say waking up. I feel like I’m awake, I can hear and see everything. My parents and sister come to visit and I talk to them but they can’t hear me. They act like they don’t even know I’m trying to talk. My friends aren’t any better.

Yes, my friends come to visit. Crying and holding my hand. I can’t feel them holding my hand, but I can see it. I can’t feel anything anymore. Funny, when Kyle talked about feeling no pain it seemed like a good thing…

No comments: